There is a new Hopkins County Resource Directory available, it can be viewed in our Information section at the bottom of our home page, or by Clicking Here
During the November 6, 2018 Fiscal Court meeting, representatives of Alliance Coal announced their payment of $728,734.43 in property taxes to Hopkins County, and thanked the county for its continued support of the coal industry. From left: Judge-Executive Donald Carroll, Alliance Coal representative Bill Adelman, and Sheriff Matt Sanderson.
At the October 16, 2018 Fiscal Court meeting, a proclamation was issued declaring Kentucky Professional Women’s Week in Hopkins County. From left: Judge-Executive Donald E. Carroll and Sharon Smith of the Hopkins County Business and Professional Women’s club.
At the October 16, 2018 Fiscal Court meeting, employee William J. Armour was recognized for 10 years of employment with the county. From left: Judge-Executive Donald E. Carroll, William J. Armour, and Public Works Director Brian Ruffin.
The website for Hopkins County, KY Jobs is now up! Click Here or click on the Kentucky Innovation Station Logo at the bottom of the page to take you directly to the website.
Hopkins County Fiscal Court presented a proclamation to Oak Grove Baptist Church in honor of its 150th anniversary. Pictured from left: Oak Grove Baptist Church member and Hopkins County Sheriff's Office employee Tiffany Jones, the Rev. Robert Cottoner, Judge-Executive Donald Carroll and Oak Grove Baptist Church member and County Treasurer Venolia Johnson.
FALL AND WINTER OPERATING HOURS BEGIN OCT.1 AT COUNTY CONVENIENCE CENTERS
GLASS TO BE ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING AT SELECT COUNTY CONVENIENCE CENTERS
Starting Monday, October 1, 2018, hours of operation for the following Hopkins County Convenience Centers will be 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday:
- East Diamond Convenience Center, Highway 85, Madisonville
- Hanson Convenience Center, Highway 260, Hanson
- Happy Lane Convenience Center, Happy Lane, Nebo
- Oak Hill Convenience Center, Highway 41-A, Nortonville
- Charleston Convenience Center, Highway 109, Dawson Springs
The following Convenience Centers will be open 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Saturdays:
- Dalton Convenience Center, 4050 Dalton Road
- Ashbyburg Convenience Center, 785 Onton Road
Barnsley Convenience Center will continue to be open 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday and 7 a.m.-noon Saturday.
Additionally, beginning October 1, the East Diamond, Hanson, and Oak Hill Convenience Centers will accept glass for recycling. Citizens should deposit their clean jars, bottles and other glass items in the containers designated for glass recyclables.
For more information, call (270) 383-2311.
More Articles ...
- Constitution Week Declared in Hopkins County September 17-23, 2018
- Proclamation Issued Recognizing the 2018 Nebo Fall Festival
- Candace Ashby Recognized for 15 Years of Service
- Public Works Employees Recognized for 20 Years of Service
- Hopkins County Public Works Director Jeff Browning Retires
- Employment Opportunity at West KY ATV Park
- Andy Reyes and David Frisby Recognized for 10 Years of Service
- Hopkins County Clerk Keenan Cloern Recognized for 15 Years of Service